Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil 1LRegular price Rs. 700.00 Sale price Rs. 630.00
- Chemical-free, preservative-free and healthy cold pressed virgin coconut oil
- Virgin Coconut Oil is the purest form of coconut oil extracted from fresh matured coconut without altering its natural nutrients.
- Oil is extracted using the freshest coconut meat so you get oil rich in MCT’s
- Coconuts are procured from highly ethical farmers in small batches, and each lot is physically verified for the quality.
- Contains anti-bacterial, anti-viral & anti-inflammatory properties
- A healthier substitute for butter and refined coconut oil
Why is cold pressed virgin coconut oil special?
- Virgin coconut oil is a highly nutritious oil when added to regular diet.
- Helps with weight management, eases digestion and improves brain function.
- Works as a moisturizer for the body and if used regularly, makes your skin smooth and even textured.
- When used on the hair it works as an effect conditioner.
- Ideal for treating dry sensitive skin and damaged hair.
- Highly recommended for baby massage and diaper rashes.
- Also act as an emollient oil that can be used to condition and soften hair and skin.
How do we extract virgin coconut oil?
Our oil is manufactured by the dry process in which the machines are highly customized to make sure that the oil is not subjected to higher degree of temperature to meet the cold-press requirements and in a extremely hygienic environment to meet international quality standards.
Coconuts are washed in purified water and subjected to steam blanching in a customized blancher to make sure all the surface areas of the coconut get exposed to the steam for the right amount of time for sterilization at the right temperature before it is processed for oil extraction.
Difference between cold pressed coconut oil and virgin coconut oil
Cold pressed coconut oil and cold pressed virgin coconut oil might sound and look very similar, but they are poles apart.
- The main difference lies between the extraction process because of which the chemical compositions in the oils change.
- Cold pressed coconut oil is extracted from the dried copras, which is then crushed and therefore the oil comes out.
- Virgin coconut oil is extracted from the fresh milk of coconut by cold pressing method which ensures that all the natural constituents including MCT’s, aroma, and antioxidants of the oil.
- Cold pressed coconut oil would have a slight yellow tinge to the colour of the oil, while virgin coconut oil is generally more whiter
What are medium chain triglycerides (MCT's)?
Medium Chain Triglycerides also known as MCT’s are fats which our body uses them in a different ways compared to other fats.
These fats help our body in different ways, from working as an energy booster to improving the brain function, the best part is that they are easily digested thus help in digestion and weight reduction.
Benefits of cold pressed virgin coconut oil
When added to the regular diet, MCT’s present in the oil get metabolized quickly instead of getting deposited as fat in the adipose tissue, therefore recommended as a part of KETO diet.
Unlike Long chain triglycerides (LCT’s), MCT’s are comparatively shorter and thus digested pretty quick which help people with certain gastrointestinal problems.
3. Support Cognition
Our virgin coconut oil contains 60% MCT’s which metabolize pretty fast and get converted into Ketones. Ketones activate key molecules in the brain to support brain activity which are beneficial for preventing and treating Alzheimer, it is also directly linked with boosting memory.
Virgin Coconut oil for cooking
Cold pressed virgin coconut oil has been used for ages as a cooking oil in the southern parts of India, it gives the perfect flavour to not only to the South Indian cuisine but is now used all over the world in other cuisines as well.
Being rich in saturated fat Lauric acid which makes the oil highly resistant to heat can be used for deep frying.
When consumed orally, virgin coconut oil provides a lot of benefits, some of which are mentioned below.
How to use virgin coconut oil for cooking?
- Can be used for all sorts of cooking including stir frying and deep-frying due to its high smoke point.
- Used for cooking all sorts of cuisines including South Indian and many Asian cuisines like Thai and Malaysian food.
- Use as a taste enhancer by adding it as a dressing to your salads
- Best oil to be used for baking due to its amazing tenderizing properties
Cold pressed virgin coconut oil for hair
1. Helps Thinning Hair Grow
Coconut oil goes deep into the hair follicles protecting our hair from breakage. When coconut oil is massaged into the hair, it improves blood circulation that in turn promote the growth of hair and work as an effective hair loss treatment.
2. Conditions Frizzy Hair
It is a property of the coconut oil to condition and moisturize hair, when applied on a regular basis, it would make your hair silky and smooth.
3. Repairs Damaged Hair
Due to the nourishing and nutritious nature of the coconut oil, it helps repair damaged hair and get them back to life.
4. Prevents Dandruff
Coconut oil contains anti-dandruff and anti-fungal properties which help in keeping your hair flake-free.
How to use virgin coconut oil for hair?
1. Direct Massage
Apply the oil to your hair and the roots and let it rest for 20 minutes. Rinse your hair with shampoo and warm water.
2. Use with Onion Juice
Pull out juice from 1-2 onions. Warm up the coconut oil and mix with this juice. Gently massage the oil into your hair and let your scalp absorb it for 40 minutes. Rinse your hair with shampoo and warm water.
3. Mix with other Oils
Cold pressed virgin coconut oil can be mixed with other oils like almond for deep conditioning, kalonji for hair growth & neem to reap more benefits
Ayurvedic uses of cold pressed virgin coconut oil
1. Oil Pulling
Take a tablespoon of coconut oil into your mouth and squish for up to 20 minutes. Follow by rinsing with warm water. Do it every day to for improved mouth hygiene along with your usual everyday brushing routine.
2. Hair Body Massage
Warm a small amount and apply the oil and gently massage it into your hair and body. Let it absorb 30-45 minutes and let the oil remove oil impurities and finally a warm shower. This oil can be mixed with kalonji (blackseed) oil for pain relief.
3. Nasya Treatment
Gently massage a bit of coconut oil into your nostrils followed by pinching and releasing the nostrils breathing sharply to protect your nose and sinuses.