Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil 500 mlRegular price Rs. 500.00 Sale price Rs. 365.00
Preservative-free, naturally extracted and unrefined cold pressed virgin coconut oil prepared at low temperature. Our virgin coconut oil preserves the nutrition, flavor, and natural aroma of coconut and enhances the taste of your meals.
Why virgin coconut oil is special?
- Our oil is 100% pure, cold pressed, chemical-free, preservative-free, and healthy
- Virgin Coconut Oil is the purest form of coconut oil extracted from fresh matured coconut without altering its natural nutrients.
- To extract virgin coconut oil, we use the freshest coconut meat so you get oil rich in MCT’s
- We procure these coconuts from highly ethical farmers in small batches, and each lot is physically verified for quality.
- Contains anti-bacterial, anti-viral & anti-inflammatory properties
- Can be used as a healthier substitute for butter
- A better substitute for refined coconut oil as no chemicals and preservatives are used.
Uses of cold pressed virgin coconut oil
Our virgin coconut oil is a highly nutritious oil when added to a regular diet helps with weight management, eases digestion, and improves brain function.
It is also an emollient oil that can be used to condition and soften hair and skin. It works as a moisturizer for the body and if used regularly, makes your skin smooth and even textured.
When used on the hair it works as an effective conditioner. This oil is ideal for treating dry sensitive skin and damaged hair. Highly recommended for baby massage and diaper rashes.
What are medium-chain triglycerides(MCT's)?
Medium Chain Triglycerides also known as MCT’s are fats that our body uses in different ways compared to other fats.
These fats help our body in different ways, from working as an energy booster to improving brain function, the best part is that they are easily digested thus help in digestion and weight reduction.
Benefits of oral consumption
1. Helps with Weight Management
When added to the regular diet, MCTs present in the oil get metabolized quickly instead of getting deposited as fat in the adipose tissue, therefore recommended as a part of the KETO diet.
2. Helps with Digestion
Unlike Long-chain triglycerides (LCT’s), MCT’s are comparatively shorter and thus digested pretty quickly which helps people with certain gastrointestinal problems.
3. Helps Support Cognition
Our virgin coconut oil contains 60% MCT’s which metabolize pretty fast and get converted into Ketones. These ketones activate key molecules in the brain to support brain activity which is beneficial for preventing and treating Alzheimer's, it is also directly linked with boosting memory.
Virgin Coconut Oil For Cooking
Virgin coconut oil has been used for ages as a cooking oil in the southern parts of India, it gives the perfect flavor not only to the South Indian cuisine but is now used all over the world in other cuisines as well.
Being rich in saturated fat Lauric acid which makes the oil highly resistant to heat can be used for deep frying. When consumed orally, virgin coconut oil provides a lot of benefits, some of which are mentioned below.
How to use cold pressed virgin coconut oil for cooking?
- Can be used for all sorts of cooking including stir-frying and deep-frying due to its high smoke point.
- Used for cooking all sorts of cuisines including South Indian and many Asian cuisines like Thai and Malaysian food.
- Use as a taste enhancer by adding it as a dressing to your salads
- The best oil to be used for baking due to its amazing tenderizing properties
Virgin Coconut Oil for hair
1. Helps Thinning Hair Grow
Coconut oil goes deep into the hair follicles protecting our hair from breakage. When coconut oil is massaged into the hair, it improves blood circulation that in turn promote the growth of hair and work as an effective hair loss treatment.
2. Conditions Frizzy Hair
It is a property of coconut oil to condition and moisturize hair, when applied on a regular basis, it would make your hair silky and smooth.
3. Repairs Damaged Hair
Due to the nourishing and nutritious nature of coconut oil, it helps repair damaged hair and gets them back to life.
4. Prevents Dandruff
Coconut oil contains anti-dandruff and anti-fungal properties which help in keeping your hair flake-free.
How to use cold pressed coconut oil for hair?
1. Direct Massage
Apply the oil to your hair and the roots and let it rest for 20 minutes. Rinse your hair with shampoo and warm water.
2. Use with Onion Juice
Pull out the juice from 1-2 onions. Warm up the coconut oil and mix with this juice. Gently massage the oil into your hair and let your scalp absorb it for 40 minutes. Rinse your hair with shampoo and warm water.
3. Mix with other Oils
Coconut oil can be mixed with other oils like almond for deep conditioning, kalonji for hair growth & neem to reap more benefits
Ayurvedic uses of virgin coconut oil
1. Hair & Body Massage
Warm a small amount and apply the oil and gently massage it into your hair and body. Let it absorb 30-45 minutes and let the oil remove oil impurities and finally a warm shower. This oil can be mixed with kalonji (black seed) oil for pain relief.
2. Oil Pulling
Take a tablespoon of coconut oil into your mouth and squish for up to 20 minutes. Follow by rinsing with warm water. Do it every day for improved mouth hygiene along with your usual everyday brushing routine.
3. Nasya Treatment
Gently massage a bit of coconut oil into your nostrils followed by pinching and releasing the nostrils breathing sharply to protect your nose and sinuses.
How do we extract cold pressed virgin coconut oil?
Our oil is manufactured by the dry process in which the machines are highly customized to make sure that the oil is not subjected to a higher degree of temperature to meet the cold-press requirements and in an extremely hygienic environment to meet international quality standards.
Our coconuts are washed in purified water and subjected to steam blanching in a customized blancher to make sure all the surface areas of the coconut get exposed to the steam for the right amount of time for sterilization at the right temperature before it is processed for oil extraction.
Difference between cold pressed coconut oil & virgin coconut oil
- Although cold pressed coconut oil and virgin coconut oil might sound and look very similar, but they are poles apart. The main difference lies in the extraction process because of which the chemical compositions in the oils change.
- The cold pressed coconut oil is extracted from the dried copras, which is then crushed and therefore the oil comes out, while on the other hand, virgin coconut oil is extracted from the fresh milk of coconut by a cold-pressing method which ensures that all the natural constituents including MCT’s, aroma, and antioxidants of the oil.
- Cold pressed coconut oil would have a slight yellow tinge to the color of the oil, while virgin coconut oil is generally whiter